By Eli Odaga
Harvard University has freely offered a number of programs online to benefit those forced to remain at home due to the prevalence of the coronavirus pandemic.
The courses offered fall under social sciences, humanities, art and design, business, computer science and programming, mathematics, data science, health and medicine among many other disciplines.
The courses are instrumental in helping one acquire new skills, the advantage being learning at own pace and convenience.
The programs are overseen by instructors who get in touch whenever needed by the students.
The courses come via the massive open online courses providers, Edx being the most used provider.
To begin learning, all you need to do is to identify your preferred program. After identifying the program you click on it (the program header) to proceed.
Having gone through the program, to proceed further, you will be needed to click on ‘take the course’ button, getting led to the final place of enrolment.
Upon clicking the ‘enroll’ button, you will be asked to key your details before registering with the program’s provider (Edx in this case).
The details needed are official names, country of residence, gender, highest level of education achieved and a valid email address.
After successfully completing the registration you proceed to undertake your course freely. There is however the option to upgrade that is if the need to be certified come the end of the program arises.
One has to part with at least $99 if they will need a certificate as proof that they undertook a program.
The courses have been classified in different disciplines making it easy for one to navigate through before landing on the one study:
- Religious Literacy
- Conflict and peace
- Buddhism Through Its Scriptures
- Hindusim Through Its Scriptures
- Christianity Through Its Scriptures
- Sikhism Through Its Scriptures
- CS50’s Introduction To Game Development
- CS50’s Mobile App Development With React Native
- CS50 : Introduction To Computer Science
- Probability from the Ground Up
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Calculus 1
- Intermediate Statistics
- Linear Algebra And Differential Equations
- Multivariable Calculus
- Dimensional Data Analysis
- R Basics
- Productivity Tools
- Linear Regression
- Technology Entreprenuership
- Entreprenuership In Emerging Economies
- Selling In Uncertain Times
- Problem Solving For The New Reality
- Business Continuity During A Crisis
- Financial Accounting
- Negotiation Mastery
- Management Essentials
Health & Medicine
- Cognitive Fitness
- Backpain Solutions
- Blood Pressure Control
- Memory Improvement
- Health Effects Of Climate Change
- Biochemistry Principles
- HMX Physiology
- HMX Immunology
- HMX Genetics
- HMX Pharmacology
Catch the full list here