Jamleck Muturi is a Kenyan scholar whose rise to the top speaks a lot about discipline and determination. He started out as an assistant teacher at a school in Embu, became a deputy principal, then a principal, before becoming a lecturer. He did other jobs in between before his recent appointment.
President Uhuru Kenyatta appointed him the chairman of the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) in April 2021. He will be replacing Lydia Nziomo, whose term ended late last year. This position will last three years, with an option of being extended.
DON'T MISS: Stay informed with the latest news and interact with us on Instagram.
The new TSC chair was born in 1967 in Embu county.
From 1975 to 1981, he attended Karau Primary School where he did his Certificate of Primary Education (CPE).
From 1982 to 1985, he studied at Kamama Boys Secondary School where he completed his O level examinations.
From 1986 to 197, he attended Chogoria Boys High School for his advanced level.
After completing his A level, he proceeded to Kenyatta University for a Bachelor of Education Science in Botany and Zoology between 1989 to 1991.
JOIN US: Stay informed with the latest Kenyan news and join the conversation on Telegram.
From 2001 to 2004, he successfully pursued a Master of Science in Entomology at Kenyatta University.
From 2004 to 2005, he did a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management (HDHRM) at the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM).
Jamleck obtained a PHD in Agricultural Entomology from Kenyatta University in 2011.
1991 to 1996: Assistant Teacher at St. Peters Kathakwa Secondary School in Embu.
1996 to 1999: Deputy principal at Nguviu Boys High Secondary School in Embu.
1999 to 2001: Principal at St. Joseph’s M’tetu Secondary School in Embu.
2003 to 2005: Head of Department at Huruma Girls, Nairobi.
2005 to 2008: Principal at Kavutiri High Boys School in Embu.
2008 to 2012: Principal Moi High School: Mbiruri High School, Embu.
Chairman ACK Secondary Heads Schools (ACK Diocese of Embu).
2009 to 2012: Chairman Kenya Secondary School Heads Association (Embu East branch).
2010 to 2012: Vice secretary Kenya Secondary Schools Head Association (Eastern Branch).
2012 to 2013: Lecturer Kenyatta University.
Jan 2015 to August 2015: CEC: Lands, Water Environment and Natural Resources- Embu county government.
Feb 2016 to March: participated in Linnaeus-Palme teacher exchange program in Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU), Uppsala, Sweden.
Apart from all of the above positions, he has also held (still holds) some positions including:
- Member of standing committee of Synod (ACK) from 2008
- Kenya coordinator in field course for Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) students on “Global development, Natural Resources- and Livelihoods,” in Kenya. (From 2011)
- Part time lecturer at the University of Nairobi and Meru University College of Science and Technology from 2011.
- Lecturer at Embu University College and chairman of Formal Committee on Education (ACK Diocese of Embu) from 2013.
- CEC: Education Science and Technology and ICT- Embu county government from August 2015.
The scholar has also attended or been part of a number of seminars, including:
- The 11th student conference on Conservation Science, Cambridge University, UK.
- 12th PHD student Nordic conference in Estonia.
- The Kenya Agriculture Research Institute (KARI) Biannual conference in Kenyatta University.
- Kenyatta University post graduate seminar.
- Africa Association of Insects Scientists (AAIS) conference: ICIPE, Kenya.
According to his CV, he is a committed father and husband married to one wife.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY: Stay informed with the latest celebrity news on our WhatsApp community or by messaging the number +41774793952.