Who is the mastermind behind the kes2 billion found stashed inside a safe at the Barclays Bank of Kenya (BBK), Queensways Branch?
According to blogger Robert Alai, one of the suspects who was arrested by flying squad officers early today is Eric Adede. The blogger goes on to blast BBK for running a misleading narrative that the money was fake when indeed it was genuine currency.
BBK distanced itself from the kes2 billion fake currency scandal saying the bank gives personal deposit safe which are not part of the bank deposits “and are only known to the client”.
DON'T MISS: Stay informed with the latest news and interact with us on Instagram.
Here is the tweet by blogger Alai claiming Adede was one of the suspects arrested.
Eric Adede said to have been behind the money found at Barclays. It's not fake currencies. BBK is using fooled media to further a fake narrative. pic.twitter.com/t8glj5lWPD
— Robert Alai (@RobertAlai) March 19, 2019
A quick search on google brings rather disappointing results on Eric Adede. On a Facebook group titled ‘Gor Mahia is Not a Club, Its a Lifestyle but Do We Say’
dated January 18, 2014, one user questions the credentials of Eric when he showed interest in being elected as a chairman of Gor Mahia Football club. Here are some of the queries raised on Adede :
REASONS WHY ERIC ADEDE CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH GOR MAHIA FC
JOIN US: Stay informed with the latest Kenyan news and join the conversation on Telegram.
1. Claims that he wants the club to own its office when he doesn’t have his own office;
2. Wants to run the club like a business yet he cannot tell us any business that he has been running successfully for the last 2 or so years. ( Klaus Opino told me that he opened a bar in Syokimau the other day);
3. Wants to register 3 million members when even clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona who have been around for ages don’t even have half that number of registered members;
4. Other than wanting to become Gor Mahia FC chairman nobody knows what he currently does for a living;
5. Claims that he has a PhD in Law by calling himself a doctor when he is not a doctor and doesn’t have a PhD;
6. Wants to build a stadium for the club yet he lives in a rented house;
7. Conduct any background check on Eric Adede via any known search engine, there is nothing about him before wanting to become Gor Mahia Chair;
8. Cannot tell you of anything that he has done for the club in the past two years;
9. He has refused to acknowldge the achievements made so far by the outgoing office holders because he was not there to witness where the club was;
10. He claims he is a great lawyer in South Africa. Yet, he has not opened any law firm.
11. All the above just shows that he is taking us for a ride, everything about him is too hazy and bleak. We are not that desperate for change to leave the club in the hands of a Waiganjo aka Chinedu
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY: Stay informed with the latest celebrity news on our WhatsApp community or by messaging the number +41774793952.