Reports of Kiambu Woman Representative decamping from President Uhuru Kenyatta ‘Kieleweke’ wing and joining the Tangatanga brigade has excited Deputy President William Ruto supporters. This development has given the DP the much needed belief that the mountain is solidly behind his presidential candidature in 2022. Speaking on her departure, Nyeri Town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu stated:
“I don’t agree with her, but this doesn’t change the respect I have for her. I wish her well as we now engage from across each other, politically. As things stand I will not be surprised if we lose another one or two more valuable players.”
Here are the 10 interesting facts about Wamuchomba that you probably didn’t know:
1.She was born in 1975 in Komothai village,Githunguri, Kiambu county. The family was to later relocate to Muranga.
2.Wamuchomba is a proponent of polygamy and has advocated for the same.
3.She was the best pupil in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examination in her district. She joined Precious Blood Girls High School, Riruta for her O-levels.
- She taught at Makuyu secondary school in Muranga County as an untrained teacher.
- She was to pursue teaching but a lecturer dissuaded her and encouraged her to take media studies.
- Wamuchomba was an undergraduate student at the University of Nairobi. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Education. She graduated with a Second Class, Upper Division. She also holds a Masters Degree in Communication from the same institution.
7.Her career started at State broadcaster KBC, then Kameme FM and later on joined Royal Media Services owned Radio station Inooro FM where she was the breakfast show host.
- She flopped in her first attempt to become Maragua constituency MP in 2007.
- The woman rep is married to Mr Robert Mbugua.
10.She founded Smart Media College in Nairobi In 2005.
Her decision to ditch Uhuru Kenyatta was informed by the desire of her constituents:
“I am aligning myself with the DP because that is where my people want me to be,” Wamuchomba defended her decision.