By Staff Writer
David Maraga will go down history lane as one of the most steadfast-if not controversial-Chief Justice in Kenya. His retirement will shield him from the politics that surrounded his tumultuous tenure in office. That said, the CJ will have a handsome send-off package in the tune of millions. Here is a breakdown of what he will receive.
- Kes15 million-this is the lump sum payment he will receive for the period he worked in the Judiciary spanning more than 18 years.
- Get a monthly pension equal to 80 per cent of his last monthly salary.
- Sh300,000 for inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Sh75,000 for dental cover and a similar amount for optical.
- Fuel allowance will be 15 per cent of the current monthly salary of the office holder
- Access VIP lounges at all airports in Kenya
- Hold a diplomatic passport. His wife will also be entitled to the same.
- Two saloon cars not exceeding 2000 cc will be at his disposal. They will be replaced after every four years.
- One four-wheel drive vehicle not exceeding 3,000 cc for long travel which will be replaced after every four years.
Additional information: the standard