25.6 C
Nairobi
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Why You Should Consider Moving to Kenya

Kenya is famous for its wildlife, vibrant culture, and stunning landscapes, making it a top travel destination. But beyond being a tourist hotspot, Kenya...

George Kinoti Biography, Age, Background, Education, Career, Family & Awards

The Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti is the Kenyan version of the legendary former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) director J. Edgar...
Let's write your Story For Bios, Banner Ads and Paid Content Contact us
HomenewsMurkomen Brands Murathe Father of Corruption

Murkomen Brands Murathe Father of Corruption

JOIN WOK ON TELEGRAM

Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen has hit out at Jubilee Party vice chair David Murathe terming him the “father of corruption”.

In a tweet on Friday, Murkomen appeared to suggest that he was not surprised by reports that Murathe was linked to a company involved in the Kemsa scandal.

“I am surprised that there is a Kenyan who didn’t know that Murathe is the father of corruption and tenderpreneurship. The sad news is that he is the agent. Who is the principal? Your guess is as good as mine,” he tweeted.

Meanwhile, Murathe and two officials from Kilig Limited and Entec Technology were meant to appear before the Public Investments Committee of the National Assembly on Thursday, April 22, 2021. However, they did not show up, opting to send affidavits.

See also  AfDB Pumps KSh 17.5 Billion Into Construction Of Nairobi-Nakuru Highway

In his affidavit, Murathe noted that he is neither the owner nor a director of the two companies being investigated.

According to Murathe, he only acted as a signatory to Kilig Limited’s bank account in order to ensure that Entec Technology Limited, the supplier of the PPE kits, would be paid once KEMSA completed the procurement process.

He, however, notes that he ceased being the company’s signatory in August 2020 after KEMSA canceled its commitment letter to Kilig Limited.

Reacting to Murathe’s affidavit, a section of legislators said the Jubilee Vice-chair ought to have made a physical appearance to respond to queries around the Kemsa scandal.

See also  The Contractor Behind The Abandoned Sh8.6 Billion Kisii-Isebania Road

“What they have so far written is extremely very shallow and is not candid enough to give us valuable information and it would have been worthwhile for them to have appeared before this committee so that we could interrogate them further, ” Wajir East MP Rashid Kassim said.

The three have been summoned to appear before the committee on April 29, 2021.

Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.