Administration Police (AP) have a reason to smile after the latest police reforms were announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta. In the new scheme of things, AP officers will be absorbed into the Kenya Police Service and others will be absorbed in the ranks of the Anti-Stock Theft Unit (ASTU).
Chief and AP camps where APs are stationed will be gazetted as police stations. This means that the 24,572 APs will be under the General Police Service and work under the command of the Deputy Inspector of Police.
Before the changes were made, the duties of the AP were:
DON'T MISS: Stay informed with the latest news and interact with us on Instagram.
(a) provision of assistance to the public when in need;
(b) maintenance of law and order;
(c) preservation of peace;
(d) protection of life and property;
(e) provision of border patrol and border security;
(f) provision of specialized stock theft prevention services;
(g) protection of Government property, vital installations and strategic points as may be directed by the Inspector-General;
(h) rendering of support to Government agencies in the enforcement of administrative functions and
the exercise of lawful duties;
(i) co-ordinating with complementing Government agencies in conflict management and peace
(j) apprehension of offenders;
(k) performance of any other duties that may be prescribed by the Inspector-General under this
Act or any other written law from time to time
1. Lead on Community Based Policing in Kenya
2. Work together with the Government agents in enforcing community safety related laws and
enhancing development as a consequence
3. Enhance community safety through peace building and conflict prevention initiatives.
4. Become an effective player in the provision of border security for the defence of Kenyan territory.
5. Work at the grass root level in the protection of life, property and prevention of commission of offences.
1. Community Based Policing (CBP) focusing on:
i) Partnership working
ii) Community safety
iii) Crime Prevention
iv) Peace-building and Conflict management
2. Border Security with emphasis on:
i) Anti-terrorism measures
ii) Arms control
iii) Cross-border crime
3. Emergency Response that embrace:
i) Protection of life and property
ii) Support to other emergency services/ agencies
iii) 24-hour response to designated incidents.
4. Protective Security with a focus on:
i) VIP Protection
ii) Safeguarding strategic installations.
5. Enforcement assistance to Government departments:
i) Assisting officers with legal mandates
ii) Agency status to all departments.
Salary of AP officers
JOIN US: Stay informed with the latest Kenyan news and join the conversation on Telegram.
|JOB GROUP||GRADE||INPOST||CURRENT BASIC SALARY||% INCREASE|
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY: Stay informed with the latest celebrity news on our WhatsApp community or by messaging the number +41774793952.