Citizen TV has been on the forefront in promoting local talent by airing local dramas that have become hugely popular with viewers. These programmes have given opportunities for actors to thrive like Damaris Kentra who plays Aunt Loretta in Zora. She has brought the very best in the character and in the process earned a lot of fans. While many know her through her role in Zora, the actress has been in the industry for long playing other roles in different TV drama series.
Background and Family
The gorgeous actress was born and raised in Kisumu before moving to Nairobi. At an early age, she wanted to be a songwriter and her love for arts saw her start acting in Sunday School at the age of 10.
Information on her family background is not available to the public. However, this year she mourned the loss of her mother through a touching post on social media.
“Rest in peace mum. It has not been easy for me to post this here in social media but I had to, because I will not see you again. But your memories will be with us forever. Rest with Angela mathee,” read her post.
Damaris is a wife and a proud mother to a beautiful daughter. She has kept her husband out of the public eye.
Damaris Ketrai has attracted a number of fans after getting her role on Zora. However, she has been acting for quite some time and has featured in some hit local dramas. She has had the chance to feature on:
- Hulabaloo on Maisha Magic East. Hullabaloo is a comedy drama that has veteran Vioja Mahakamani actors as the main cast.
- Inspekta Mwala on Citizen TV, a comedy drama focusing on the events happening in and around the fictional Kona Mbaya Police station.
- Daktari on KTN. Daktari was one of the most watched local drama series in Kenya in 2019 and featured most of the former veteran Vioja Mahakamani actors.
- Aunty Boss on NTV. Aunty Boss was a fun filled program that focused on interactions between domestic workers and also how they related to their employers.
- Vihoja Mahakamani and Kenda Imani on Kenya Broadcasting Corporation.
In the local drama Zora, she plays the sister to Oscar and Oliver and aunt to Madiba and Kwame. Her brother Oliver is a rich politician while her other brother Oscar lives in the ghetto. In the program, she is a strong courageous woman unafraid to express her opinions.
Apart from acting, she also works as a commercial model, a Master of Ceremony, a motivational speaker and a video and content creator.